Check it well before you deliver a design
If you submit a design for the card yourself, please pay attention to the following:
- Resolution min 300 dpi
- Size 86 x 54 mm with 3 mm overfill.
- Rounding off the corners is not necessary
- Image converted to CMYK
- Converted text to letter contours
- Specify the PMS value for spot colours
- Certified PDF,. eps,. ai,. psd,. tiff or. jpg.
- In case of personalization we would also like to receive the correct data in Excel, CSV,. txt or Access. We prefer to receive these files via our FTPS server. This in connection with data security.
Need help with a design? We have our own studio and we can carry out design and layout work directly for you. If there is a barcode on the pass it is important to provide sufficient white space in the design. Also metallic, gold and silver in the design requires some extra attention.
After receiving the design, we send a digital proof. After approval of the digital proof, production starts.
Color management and color profiles
Make sure your design is always in CMYK color mode and not in RGB. Preferably set the color setting of your files and/or program to Europe ISO coated FOGRA 27 (or save your files without ICC profile (= color profile).
By default, the factory default settings of Adobe programs are shown on the color setting US Web coated for the Internet. US Coated and Japan Coated assume a different structure in CMYK, based on different ink compositions. This can result in significant colour deviation in the printed result.